Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Static - Melbourne Writers Festival



Doing a very big show this weekend at The Melbourne Writer's Festival. It's called Static and is a collaborative piece that's been commissioned by those sexy folk at Going Down Swinging. (use many, buy lots.) I'm very lucky to be doing this show with the help of alicia sometimes, Nathan Curnow and musician and good buddy of mine, Quinn Stacpoole. Also it's been a pleasure to be directed by Kieran Carroll. A long time acquaintance but this is the first time we've really worked together.
We've all written separate pieces based on the theme of Static, with Quinn scoring it all. I decided to write my piece about a lion with the face of Harvey Keitel who comes to my door to eat my heart. Now you'll have to come along to see what happens.
This Friday night, at the BMW Edge Theatre in Federation Square.
On the same bill is the highly rated American poet, academic and performer, Tracie Morris. I'm really looking forward to seeing her.
To book tickets go here.

3 comments:

nathan curnow said...

hey bro... lets do this thing...

adsense-friends said...

don't forget visit my blog and give comen every day and i will too.

www.business-groups.blogspot.com

go adsense!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

My friend only told me about you today, but I respect you so much for what you do. I wouldn't mind seeing more prose or poetry on here :)

Thank you for your words,
Jess.