Tuesday, March 01, 2005

this is my city


Beautiful isn't it? Blue moonlit Melbourne. This photo was taken from the banks of the Yarra River. I like walking along there sometimes and I try to find the spaces where satisfication lingers. The holes we find that are neither full or empty. Neither sad nor happy. The moments that remind. Those lines across your palms, those beacons of your eyes, those compass points of your arms and legs, the angles of your face. You are the map and sometimes the city holds you and says where am I?.

3 comments:

SuperP. said...

'the spaces where satisfaction lingers' has been a source of great happiness and great sorrow for me. I love the way you put it. It's so natural. I don't have to think when I read you, myself just goes straight to feel.

letti said...

that's a wonderful shot and wonderful post that accompanied it. thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Beautiful picture. I love city skylines. They're so romantic and full of possibility.